Lean Principles to Live By
|NWLEAN believes in the following philosophy in implementing lean programs:
- The essence of lean is establishing flow in the 'order-to-cash' cycle.
- Flow is established through the identification and elimination of waste.
- Lean production 'pulls' value through the system.
- All systems contain waste, and thereby provide opportunity (through waste elimination) to create competitive advantage for the firm.
- Each system is unique, and requires a distinct order and application of lean tools in order to address specific opportunities which exist with respect to industry, company, and internal culture.
This philosophy is augmented by the following working definitions:
- Waste is defined as those elements of the system (including elements of the final product) which do not bring value to the customer.
- Value is defined as that which the customer is willing to pay for.
- The customer is defined as the entity which monetarily pays for the final product (which would include those which wholesale and distribute our products, but does not include internal customers, management, or other stakeholders in the production systems).
|NWLEAN assists companies in the design and implementation of successful lean production systems. NWLEAN offers specific training (through public and private seminars) in the 33 tools of lean production:
|The Lean Implementation Plan
Lean Basic Training (waste/takt/pull)
IE techniques (time/motion/methods analysis)
Value Stream Mapping
Operational Equipment Effectiveness
Total Productive Maintenance
Theory of Constraints
Zero Quality Control
Autonomous Group Activities
Design for Six Sigma
|NWLEAN arranges and hosts company tours, so that a better understanding of the potential and practice of lean production techniques can be shared.
Any and all organizations, regardless of industry, are invited to participate in NWLEAN. The only requirement is a desire to eliminate waste, reduce costs, and to increase quality, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
To become a member of NWLEAN, please complete a member profile.
- WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
NWLEAN offers a wide range of seminars on topics related to all aspects of lean implementations. Many of these sessions are in-house workshops, which show you how to identify and reduce waste TODAY!! For more information, click here.
- TOOLS & DOWNLOADS now available FREE on CD-ROM!
Now you can have access to all of the tools and downloads available on NWLEAN whether you are online or off! The FREE CD-ROM contains a copy of all of the tools and downloads that have been developed and made available to NWLEAN members, as well as any needed viewing software, unzipped and in their original formats. For more information (including a list of the available tools) click here.
- VENDOR SUPPORT for your lean efforts:!
Our members have spoken, and we've listened!! Your lean implementation is proceeding, but something is missing, right? You can only go so far before you need specialized assistance, whether it be for signage, graphic displays, support software, or specialized training. Visit the PULL-Ads™ area to find the products and services you need to bring your lean efforts to the next level. Visit the PULL-Ads™ area today!!
- VENDORS: Do you have a product or service that you would like to preview to the NWLEAN membership (we know you do!!)? Check out PULL-Ads™!
Hundreds of visitors (now over 20,000 per month) visit the NWLEAN website every day. Would you like them to get a good look at the products and services you are offering? PULL-Ads™ are a great way to bring attention to the VALUE that you can bring to an organizations' lean efforts. To learn more about PULL-Ads™, click here.
To see how the competition is using PULL-Ads™, CLICK HERE!
- RECRUITERS AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS!
If you are looking for LEAN professionals, CLICK HERE to post your job information. For posting guidelines, click here.